As a hands-on company C.E.O., Scott is a digital visionary bringing life to many great ideas that otherwise would’ve gone unnoticed. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for knowledge of up and coming technologies, Scott has a keen eye for optimizing returns on investment.
Scott brings an unquenchable thirst to make Calywire into one of the leading online marketing firms. With experience stemming from 1999 in SEO, PPC, SNS and usability, we have no doubt he will achieve his dream.
Prior to Calywire, Scott has worked closely with many fortune 500 companies to create successful online campaigns. Some of his past clients include Ebay, Dish Network, CareerBuilder.com, Turbo Tax, H&R Block, Kaplan University, Penn Foster Career School and University of Phoenix.
Scott is a graduate of University of Hawaii and a proud father of two.
Howard’s first summer job after high-school resulted in an 8 year career designing toy concepts for Playmates Toys (Including the first wave of the successful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line, Star Trek, Exo-Squad and Flash Gordon), McDonald’s premiums (Happy Meal toys), Burger King and many more. While attending Long Beach State University, he was obviously the envy of all his peers in the design department.
In a sharp turn of events, this artist developed an entrepreneurial spirit and got involved with several start-ups. One notable position was as V.P. of Sales/Marketing with Magic Headwear, where he was instrumental in developing and manufacturing a headwear line from it’s early beginnings to generating $10+ Million dollars in revenue in less than 5 years.
At Calywire, Howard brings a very rare combination of an innate creative passion mixed with a passion for business development.
COO/V.P.-New Business Development
Words cannot describe our V.P. of New Business Development and Super Star extraordinaire. So here’s a list of why he is Shin Ueno:
- Won 2 EEFIE Awards honoring the year’s most effective global marketing communications ideas for 2000 and 2002
- Won LIMA “Licensee of the Year” Award as Best Licensee in Consumer Goods Marketing for 1994
- Created over six brands with annual sales exceeding $100 Million (Power Rangers, Gundam Action Figure Model Kids, Digimon Monsters, Yomega Yo-Yos, World Wresting Entertainment
- International Marketing, 150+ Licensees for one brand, Style Guide, Strategic Global Execution, Manufacturing
- Brand Management, Launching New Brands, Category Extensions, Event Marketing, Digital Marketing
- UCLA Graduate, loving father of two beautiful girls
We are an ever-growing group of skilled online marketers, designers and developers working to create the best environment to produce results for our clients. If you think you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please visit our Careers page and see if there’s a position that fits you!